Archive for April 21, 2017
The Ministry’s discussion paper, Supporting Students and Communities: A Discussion Paper to Strengthen Education in Ontario’s Rural and Remote Communities [pdf] is expected “to guide our digital and in-person discussions based on the following questions:
- What are the opportunities for school boards to share space in your area? How can the provincial government and school boards support that?
- How can we ensure that the impact of schools on local communities is given full consideration?
- How can we best recognize the unique funding needs of rural and remote areas?”
The guide includes sections on: the sustainable use of school space in rural communities; the school as a community hub; sharing spaces; school closures; supporting quality education across the province.
Check it out! Rowan
From today’s Ministry news release titled Ontario Seeking Public Input on Strengthening Rural Education: Consultations Taking Place in Communities Across Ontario.
“Ontario is seeking input from parents, teachers and community leaders as part of a provincewide engagement on improving education in rural and remote communities.
People are invited to share ideas about how the province can provide students with quality education programming, and make the best use of school space and public resources. Ontario is committed to supporting new opportunities to enhance education in rural and remote communities, and recognizes the value that schools bring to students and their communities as a whole.
People in Ontario can get involved by:
- Reading the discussion paper, Supporting Students and Communities: A Discussion Paper to Strengthen Education in Ontario’s Rural and Remote Communities
- Completing an online survey
- Emailing feedback and suggestions to email@example.com
- Attending an in-person meeting.”
Check it out! Rowan
Welcome to the @ELLontario twitter chat. It is a learning tool that will inspire educators of English language learners (ELLs) through the sharing of innovative ideas and strategies that support their students. Join us for our next twitter chat on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:30-8:30 pm EST. The hashtag, #ELLontario will allow you to connect and engage with educators on the topic of Effective Strategies to Support ELLs.
Announced by EduGains Math :
Catch a Bouncing Ball Operations game, Colour Tiles and the Set Tool are available as desktop and from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Rekenrek, Relational Rods+ and Notepad are now available in French. Annotation Tools has been updated to include the ability to copy annotation objects.