Archive for March 10, 2017
The Professional Library is open 8:30 to 4:30 during the March Break (MB), and our staff will be available to help you find stuff, guide you with your research, or provide some one-on-one-librarian instruction on using Virtual Library resources (or whatever!). I can even be persuaded to offer a tour of Tippett so you can see the wealth of book and media (DVDs, kits, TDSB curriculum) resources available to TDSB teachers.
Drop by, or even better, phone [416.395.8289] and let us know you are coming so we can get a head start on what you need. Parking is available on the street or rear of the building.
If visiting the Library is the absolute LAST thing on your MB to-do list – enjoy a lovely break.
Looking for new and recommended resources for students?Check out these lists/sites:
- Best Books for Kids and Teens (no dates attached) from the Canadian Children’s Book Centre
- Forest of Reading lists from the Ontario Library Association
- 2 other great sources for Canadian kids’ books reviews are Quill and Quire and CM Magazine
- Notable Children’s Books – 2017 , ages birth to 14, from the American Library Association
- Best STEM Books 2017, K-12 from the National Science Teachers’ Association
Check ’em out! Rowan