New H&PE Secondary Resources from OPHEA
From an OPHEA alert: Ophea’s new H&PE Secondary Resources support teachers in helping students acquire the physical and health literacy skills needed to thrive in the 21st century and lead a healthy, active life.
The comprehensive resources support quality implementation of the 2015 Health and Physical Education (H&PE) Curriculum: Grades 9-12 and provide:
- Content that can be adapted to address diverse contexts, and student needs/interests
- A variety of tools, samples, writable templates, posters, background information, and materials to use with students
The H&PE Secondary Resources include 6 interconnected yet standalone components:
- Effective Planning in H&PE
- Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU) Sample Unit Plans
- Movement Competence Posters
- Approaches to Teaching Healthy Living
- Focus Course Planning Guide
- Assessment and Evaluation Tools
The H&PE Secondary Resources are available to educators from school boards that have purchased access [TDSB has]. If you don’t have one already, TDSB teachers will have to create individual logins.
Check ’em out! Rowan