Phys Ed for overweight students
The April 2016 issue of the Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (JOPERD) (87:4) includes an articles by Paul Rukavina and Sarah Doolittle titled Fostering Inclusion and Positive Physical Education Experiences for Overweight and Obese Students (p. 36-45).
This article discusses the challenges of overweight students ranging from labeling by teachers, attitudes of other students, to the ability and confidence the students. The article includes at inclusion strategies and has 5 tables including:
- Teacher’s concerns for overweight students in physical education
- Simple strategies for inclusion and positive social climate
- Complex strategies for inclusion and positive social climate
- Simple class strategies for skill development, gameplay and fitness
- More complex class strategies for skill development, game play and fitness.
TDSB teachers may contact the library to obtain a copy of this article.
- (416) 395-8289
Check it out! Rowan