Ministry announces renewed math strategy
Starting next September, key elements of the renewed strategy will be introduced including:
- A minimum of 60 minutes each day of protected learning time for effective mathematics instruction and assessment for students in Grades 1 to 8
- Up to three math lead teachers in all elementary schools
- Coaching for principals of select secondary schools to lead improvement in math among their students
- Support for learning at home through parent resources that provide helpful tips and information on the mathematics curriculum
- Better access to online math resources and math supports such as Homework Help or SOS Devoirs
- Math support for Grades 6 to 9 outside of the school day
- Opportunities for educators to deepen their knowledge in math learning, teaching and leading, including a dedicated math Professional Development Day to further their school improvement efforts.
Check it out!