21st century competencies for Ontario students
Totally check-out this!
21st Century Competencies: Foundation Document for Discussion: Phase 1 Towards Defining 21st Century Competencies for Ontario (Winter 2016 edition) is a new 67-page Ministry document, available on EduGains 21st Century Learning site.
From pages 3-4:
The document comprises the following five sections:
- Introduction – The rationale for defining and supporting the development of 21st century competencies.
- Defining 21st Century Competencies – A high-level overview of the 21st century competencies that are most prominently featured in provincial, national, and international research and intellectual debate.
- The Ontario Context – A high-level overview of the work being done in Ontario to identify and define 21st century competencies in teaching and learning.
- Implications for Practice – A summary of the new learning partnerships and pedagogical and assessment practices that researchers identify as being required to support the development of 21st century competencies.
- Implications for Policy – An outline of key questions for consideration in determining policy related to the development of the competencies for the Ontario education system.
Page 56: The competencies listed on the next page support the development of learning in all subject areas, including foundational skills in literacy and numeracy, and apply to both the face-to-face and the online world.