Change at Curriculum Services Canada website
Curriculum Services Canada has changed, and it is very different from before. You can still use CSC to access some resources primarily their FSL project, but many of the old projects, and links to Literacy Numeracy Secretariat videos have disappeared. They seem to be in the process of reinventing themselves, see their Learnography page .. I think that time will tell if this is successful.
For the classroom teacher, here are three sites supporting the Ontario Education and Resources:
EduGAINS Bookmarking this site is highly recommended!
EduGAINS is the portal to resources developed and provided through the Ministry of Education and focused on learning – student learning, educator learning, and researcher learning about student and teacher learning. This site is for all teachers, Kindergarten to Grade 12. In addition to literacy and numeracy, subjects include assessment, curriculum, differentiated instruction, ELL, financial literacy, international languages, kindergarten, professional learning cycles, science, technology. Includes links to Ministry documents, resources, web casts, policies.
LearnTeachLead Bookmarking this site is highly recommended!
The Student Achievement Division develops and supports policies, programs and resources related to student learning and achievement K–12. Includes links to Ministry documents, resources, web casts, policies.
The Ministry of Education administers the system of publicly funded elementary and secondary school education in Ontario, in accordance with the directions set by the provincial government. The site includes links to publications, research and reports, news releases, Trillium textbook list list, etc. Here are links to some key Ministry articles, monographs, curriculum documents etc
- Capacity Building Series Research and practical strategies on key topics for 21st-century educators.
- Curriculum Documents (Elementary)(see also EduGains)
- Curriculum Documents (Secondary) (see also EduGains)
- Ideas into Action (Leadership Development) Professional learning series that provides research insights and practical strategies for school and system leaders.
- In Conversation (Leadership Development) Series of thought-provoking papers to support professional learning and dialogue.
- Inspire: The Journal of Literacy and Numeracy for Ontario A journal of successful practices for teachers, principals, supervisory officers, directors of education and for anyone interested in learning how to further student achievement.
- Policy/Program Memoranda
- Principals Want to Know (Leadership Development) Professional learning series that provides research insights and practical strategies for school and system leaders.
- What Works? Research Into Practice Concise research summaries designed to help practitioners put the best evidence-tested ideas into practice at the school and classroom level.
There are other sites, but these would be the top 3. Check ’em out!