OPHEA hosts ning: Asthma Friendly Schools Online Community
OPHEA has written a monograph (English and French versions available) titled The Creating Asthma Friendly Schools manual was developed to support boards and schools with the implementation of the requirements set out in Ryan’s Law, 2015 (Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools), to support students with asthma and may be ordered or downloaded for free. Other recommended resources are also available.
Also, OPHEA is hosting a ning: Asthma Friendly Schools Online Community/Communauté en ligne de partage Écoles attentives à l’asthme. Asthma Friendly Schools is an online sharing community for school boards and community partners across Ontario supporting the implementation of Ryan’s Law, 2015. It includes key information about Ryan’s law, and includes a Resources page. This is a fabulous resource for teachers and parents alike.
- Managing Asthma in Our Schools (video)
- Asthma in Schools: What Educators Need to Know (AODA compliant)
- Asthma and Physical Activity: What Physical Educators and Coaches Need to Know (AODA compliant)
- Individual Student Asthma Management Plan
- Managing Asthma Attacks Fact Sheet
- The Basics of Asthma, Allergies, and Anaphylaxis (AODA compliant)
Check it out!